02 December 2010

The Most Beautiful Soul...

Photobucket

My Dearest Little Man,

Time with you went by too soon. The short time we were blessed with you is time I will always treasure. You have changed our lives in ways we can't put into words. Your smile warmed the coldest night and the memory of you gives us reason to keep going. I will always miss the way you were so curious and always felt the need to hide things anywhere, just because they fit into whatever you were playing with. I laugh at how you would chew on the stuffed monkey's butt. I will never forget the first time you saw your own reflection and were so puzzled, but when you smiled at yourself, you scared yourself and cried. Your precious face still resonates in my mind, a reminder of how beautiful you were, inside and out. You will never be alone. You are and always will be God's gift to everyone who knew you. Your memory lives on, your smile touches lives daily. You're alive in our hearts, always will be. You were taken from us way too soon but that only makes the time we had you, the time you gave us, the year you changed our lives forever, that much more meaningful. We know we will see you again. Until then, play with the angels, walk the streets of heaven, look in on us from time to time and let us know how happy and at peace you are. You will always be my little man, I will always be your Nonni. I know you're waiting for all of us up there, but know we have unfinished business here to do first. You will always be one of my greatest loves, my highest hope, my deepest inspiration. I love you Jericho. Missing you always, Love Nonni.

The quiet of the night will never be the same. My rocking chair will never be used for balance just to be close to me or to cut his teeth on. His Steelers blanket will never be bundled up and giggled in. His voice will always resonate in the amazing memories he left behind. His giggle will always echo in the house as will his smile. I will miss so much about him, the way he would pull himself up and be so proud of himself, then fall down and get fussy but always get back up and try again taught me to never give up. The way he would jump up and down when his Steelers blanket was being brought to him taught me to take joy in simple things. He would sit in his high chair when eating and dance to music that was playing, as if it was written for him taught me to have fun in all things I do. The way he would stick out his tongue and stay that way until someone would do it back taught me to be silly every chance I get. He would sigh twice in his sleep as he was settling in taught me to slow down and enjoy the quiet moments. Even as young as he was, he has taught me about life without even trying. Jericho may have only been here for a short time, but his life, his love, his joy has touched hundreds of lives. He had a way of looking at you that pierced your heart, a smile that made you forget your troubles and hug that embraced your soul. He is and always will be loved and dearly missed. God felt the need to call him home. I guess the angels needed him more than we do. He lives on, not only in our hearts and memories, but in every smile, every tear, every dream that he has touched. I love you Jericho.

7 comments:

  1. Cathi Park2/12/10 19:29

    Jullie,
    This is beautiful.I am very glad I got the chance to met Jericho, he was an AWESOME little boy... Always remember the happy times..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cathi... He is and always will be my little man.. I just wanted him to know how truly loved he was... Thank you again..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most beautiful thing i have ever read, it brought tears to my eyes. I can tell he was TRULY loved beyond the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes he was, still is... a part of my soul died when he passed away.. Thank you Sammy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jullie, I don't even know how to begin with this comment. I know you loved him with all your heart and soul. And, so did he. My heart breaks with the knowledge of the pain that you and your family has had to suffer. I am more sorry than I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God has another special Angel sitting by his side. There simply are not any words to express my sympathy for your loss and pain. Hang on to your precious memories to help ease your loss my friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Just know I am here for you, whether to share your thoughts, your pain, or just the silence. Much love sent your way..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you both very much. Jericho was the most amazing little baby and when God called him home, he took a huge piece of my heart with him. He inspired me to be more than I am and more than I was. He lives on in videos and memories, his giggle and laughter forever saved. Thank you guys for everything. Really, thank you.

    ReplyDelete